Monday, February 21, 2011

The black box

What would you call this story?
I would call this story "The Black Box" because this story mostly is about the black box and it is about people testing their luck to see if they get sacrificed or not. It is also cool that some people were happy and excited and some were worried and nervous and that part left me in confusion. Anyway the black box idea lead me to the title of the story.

What do you think was going to happen?
The story was actually quite boring at the first part but in the middle part I got curious in why people were so nervous in taking the paper but in the last part I was shock that a lady got stoned to death because I thought lotteries was all about money and I didn't expect death.

How did you feel when the end of the story was not given to you?
I was very curious in what will happen next and I was quite upset that we did not get to the end at that time as I was very curious.

How did you feel when you were handed the mystery paper? What did you think was in it? Did you follow the instructions? Why/why not?
I was very curious and I felt like opening it on the bus(but in the end I opened it at home). I thought that the explanation of the lottery was in the mystery paper. I followed the instructions as I did not open it in school and on the bus.


How did you feel about the black box and the blank spot/blank paper? Explain.
To my perspective, the color black represents death and darkness. My perspective also made sense as the lady who got the paper with the black spot got stoned.

How did you feel when you read the end of the paper?
I was kind of shock and kind of not because I already thought that the lady will die because of my guess about the black spot. But I was also surprised that she actually did die.

What would have helped you make a better prediction?
My predictions was kind of right but what would have helped me will be the title and the description of the lottery as those are kind of the main points and main points normally helps me.

Why did the author leave this voids in the story?
I think the author wants to make us think deep into the story and wants us to think in what will happen next and the author also wants us to feel confused and curious.

Explain the power of the void in this experience.
I feel that the void in the story has a great effect in leaving people curious and it has prevented people in guessing what will happen next. But the void really left many readers really frustrated and very eager to read the next part of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment